Wednesday 25 April 2012

lancome hypnose drama mascara


Left: one coat, Right: bare lashes!

One coat
When I saw a sample of this in my March Glossybox, I must admit that I wasn't that excited. I was happy with the mascaras that I was using (Bourjois Volumiser and Rimmel Glam'Eyes) and so I tried the sample of Lancome Hypnose Drama with low expectations. However, on first application I realised: this stuff is brilliant! After using my sample up, I had to purchase the real thing.

The shape of the brush is just perfect - the curved edge grabs all your lashes and perfectly curls them to add volume and definition, while the other S shaped side separates your lashes to ensure they hold the right amount of product and don't look clumpy. Lancome Hypnose Drama leaves my lashes looking full and thick, but definitely not clumped together like I only have one eyelash! I also find that sometimes the curve and volume of my eyelashes drops throughout the day, but this mascara holds my stubby little lashes in place all day and it also doesn't flake on to my cheeks - fab!

The packaging is gorgeous too. The tube is very simple and black with gold detailing but the curved shape adds some interest and makes it different from the sometimes cheap looking packaging on the high street. 

One thing that some people may perceive as a negative of this mascara is the scent. It doesn't smell of anything it particular but it does have a stronger than usual make up-ey smell. This doesn't bother me particularly but I know some people don't like strong scents near their eyes. I suppose another negative could also be seen as the price. This cost me £21 from Boots. I know that this is so expensive for a mascara but I really do notice a difference in comparison to my high street mascaras. Although it is pricey, I can see me purchasing it again when it runs out!

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara is available from lots of larger department stores as well as Boots.

xx

18 comments:

  1. I've heard that this is really good :) Might have to try it :) Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Do try it, I love it so much! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fab mascara and I love that you showed a photo with one coat and bare! You can really see the difference. xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I look a bit cross eyed though haha x

      Delete
  3. great post looks like its worth the money :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes is better to spend money on something that will work than buying something cheap and not be happy with it. I agree that showing the lashes with and without the mascara is a great idea.

    Nosey question, I love the print under the mascara, what is it? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad it was helpful! I can definitely tell that it's better quality than my high street ones!

      It's a notebook from Liberty! I just had a look for you and the actual print is called Mauverina from the Autumn/Winter 2007 Liberty collection (I LOVE Liberty!) x

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I love Liberty too!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for a new mascara! might have to give this one a whirl :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! might have to try this x

    http://coveclothing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing a lot about this mascara and now your post made me understand why! it's sooo pretty! opens up your eyes big time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant, I wanted something that gave me thick and volumised lashes without getting clumpy and this does just that! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...