Thursday 5 April 2012

maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo in on and on bronze


Hello!

I know there have been lots of posts on the Maybelline Colour Tattoos now, but I just had to mention them too as I am absolutely loving the colour On and On Bronze! Since buying this product I have used it nearly every day as not only is the colour absolutely beautiful, but it lasts so well throughout the day and can be used in a few different ways to create different looks.


If used with a very light touch, they can be used for a very thin wash of colour across the eyelid which can look lovely, especially in a nice summery colour such as On and On Bronze. It also makes a great base for other eye shadows so you can really build up the intensity of colour to create a really dramatic bronzey smokey eye if you smudge it around the eye. (The Colour Tattoos have been hailed as the high street version of MAC Paint Pots although I haven't tried those, so perhaps they're something to look in to if you love the idea of the Paint Pots but are on more of a budget.) However,my favourite way to wear the Colour Tattoo at the moment is as an eye liner as the bronze looks a lot more subtle than black for spring!

As for the twenty four hour claim... well, I haven't worn it on my eye for that long but they do last for absolutely hours in the same place with only minimal creasing. When I originally bought it, I swatched it on my hand in the shop and then went to work, and the colour was still all in exactly the same place hours later! If used underneath other eye shadows, they also do definitely make them last longer too.

I absolutely love the colour of On and On Bronze but I feel a bit disappointed that I'm not really drawn to any of the other colours, as I love the quality. The purple and blue are too colourful for me and I know they won't get much use and the charcoal shade just didn't really appeal to me either. When I saw Permanent Taupe in the shop I thought it looked a bit muddy, however after seeing it on Seonaid's eye (from Beauty and Baggage - she also has a great review!) I think that I may reconsider it as it actually looked really pretty on, and looked like it would make a nice neutral shade for everyday. 'Eternal Gold' is also really pretty, I'm just not quite sure how much use I'd get out of it. After looking on the Boots website, there is also a silver one, but I don't think I've seen this anywhere even as a tester...

If you're after a versatile eye shadow that's a pretty colour for spring, easy to work with and blend and will last all day then do try the Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze :)

The Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoos are £4.99.

xx

18 comments:

  1. This is so nice! This swatch reminds me a lot of MAC Paint pot in Groundwork (my favourite). I really want to try these, specially because recently I bought some paint ponts that creases on my eyelid *sigh*. Hopefully Maybelline will bring those to my country soon :)

    Isabela
    fusels.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad that these don't crease! They do a tiny bit but it does take hours and it's barely noticeable x

      Delete
  2. Really want this one and the taupe one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the taupe one is next for me too! x

      Delete
  3. It's a stunning colour. I haven't seen them yet but going to make a point of finding them next week when I go shopping! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so hard to find, it's so annoying! In London, they seem to be gone everywhere. I only found this one, and that was in a little Boots, because I opened the draw underneath the display (which is a bit naughty, but at least I found one!) x

      Delete
  4. Love this colour! & Permanent Taupe too, which looks better on than in the pot. Thank you for the lovely mention too!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I love your blog! Hmm... definitely going to have to get the taupe one now though if I can find it x

      Delete
  5. I almost bought one of these the other day! I was going between the gold, taupe, or the bronze. I wish there was a blend between the gold and bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the gold, it just looked a little too yellow toned for me. I think I've convinced myself to get the taupe now though - if I can find it! They seem to be sold out everywhere in London x

      Delete
  6. I wanted to get this colour along with the taupe except my Boots didn't have either of them! Hopefully next time :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem to be sold out everywhere! x

      Delete
  7. I kept reading about colour tattoos but weren't sure what it was! Great review

    Jen@www.pret-a-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, everyone seems to be talking about them at the moment but I can see why! x

      Delete
  8. i can't find this anywhere it's constantly sold out! i actually quite like the blue one i know its daring but i think it would be nice for spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so annoying! I love the idea of the more colourful ones but I just know I wouldn't get much use out of it :) x

      Delete
  9. I actually see them all over the place in Superdrug but never in Boots! I'm continually tempted to get the bronze and after this review, I think I'm going to take the plunge and pop my colour tattoo cherry.
    Thank gosh the makeup industry is finally hailing bronze eye products as fashionable - I've been in love with them for a while but they never seemed to be trendy enough to stock.

    http://theconfectionmonsoon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bronze eyes too! So pretty and looks great with green eyes x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...