Saturday 7 April 2012

nail of the day



The weather outside is becoming ever more dull and soggy so I painted my nails a nice spring-like colour, so I could at least attempt to pretend that the sun is shining!

'Blooboo' by Models Own was actually picked by my boyfriend, and a fab choice it was too. It's the perfect shade of light pastel blue. It did go on a bit streaky at first, which can be a problem sometimes with lighter coloured nail polishes, but after two coats it was fully opaque. I love the formula of Models Own nail varnishes, I always find them to be so thick and creamy and easy to work with. Some of their polishes only need one coat! (I also always think that they smell different to other nail varnishes... just me?)

I think 'Blooboo' would look lovely too with a silver glitter over the top or with a different coloured polish on the ring finger. The nail varnish I showed the other day, Maybelline Express Finish Nail Colour in 'Turquoise Lagoon', would be great for this.



Whereas I usually use my trusty No7 Base Coat and Sally Hansen quick drying top coat, I had a bit of a change today. Instead I used the Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat for both under and over 'Blooboo'. This is the first time that I've used it so I'll keep you updated on how well it keeps my polish from chipping but I do love the high shine finish that it gives. However, I must say that the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat does do this too and I missed how quickly it makes my nail varnish dry.

Models Own 'Blooboo' was £5.00 and the Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat was £5.25, both from Boots.

xx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely blue! I'm on a hunt for a nice sky blue shade and this seems just right, haha!
    Please do a review on Double Duty :)

    Isabela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I will! I'll see how it compares to my Insta-Dri first x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a Models Own polish but this is a lovely colour, perfect for Spring! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great colour for spring! Really pretty x

      Delete
  3. Such a great colour! Love it. Now a new follower :) Stop by and check out my blog sometime, I'm doing a MAC lipstick giveaway this month! xoxo

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's a really nice pastel for spring x

      Delete
  4. This looks like a lovely shade - I'm really into pastels at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Love them for spring, really feminine x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...